The gentlebirth.org website is provided courtesy of
Ronnie Falcao, LM MS, a homebirth midwife in Mountain View, CA
2. You might want to try the ChildrenÃs Fund with the San Mateo County Human Services Agency. Contact is Al Teglia 650-301-8444.
3. the Ecumenical Hunger Program in East Palo Alto is great. You can drop off or they will pick up.
4. Ronald McDonald House - NEW TOYS ONLY - many children have allergy issues.
SHELTERS: 1. Redwood Family House - 364-8264. 110 Locust St. off Hemlock. Dropp off items 9-6 m-F, closed 12:30-1:30 for lunch. Helps homeless families. Clothing, infant items, toys, strollers, etc.
2. New Creations Hope Ministries in East Palo Alto - 422 Hibiscus Ct. (helps moms and babies get back on their feet).
3. Preto3 - (prenatal to three initiative) Raising healthy children in San Mateo County. 225 W. 37th Ave. San Mateo. 1-888-840-0889Helps support pregnant women and families with children up to age 3. They accept strollers, kids clothing, toys, and books.
4. Junior League of Palo Alto - THE SHOP 785 Santa Cruz Ave., Menlo Park
5. OICW in Menlo Park
6. PARCA - local number is 312-0725 They Take everything except furniture. They will pick up.
1) Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
The hospital gladly accepts infant clothes sizes 0-12months as well as other infant items. These items are then cleaned and packaged with other newborn necessities and given to needy families. The PAMP web site has information about whom to contact.
2) Charter Auxiliary
You can donate all kinds of stuff to the Charter Auxiliary, they sell it at Rummage sales and at a thrift store in Santa Clara? and the money goes to LCPH.
CHARTER AUXILIARY This 'n That Shop Sales This 'n That Shop will be open on the third Friday and Saturday of each month, Friday: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. 472 Oak Road (at Stock Farm off Sand Hill) Stanford University campus (650) 497-8591 These mini-sales offer clothing, household goods, small furniture, antiques, estate donations, books, and jewelry.
Donations: Please deliver items anytime except sale days and the Thursday before to the Auxiliary Donation Center at 472 Oak Road (Stock Farm Road and Oak Road). Volunteers are available Tuesday mornings to help unload. Please leave a list of your items with your name and address, and a tax deduction receipt will be mailed to you. To donate items of great value, call 497-8591 to arrange for a drop off.
Questions? Call Sue Hnilo at 497-8591.
3) Hoover Pavilion
There is a large bin outside the main classroom at Room NC209, Hoover Pavilion, 211 Quarry Road (across from the Stanford Shopping Center).
I think it is probably open only business hours. There are usually tax donation forms for you to take.
I think they will take diapers, formula, etc. in addition to clothes.
4) Bargain Box
This is a thrift store located on California Ave in Palo Alto. The store accepts practically everything. You can park in the back. During business hours (I think from 10am to 4pm M-F and some hours on Sat), the back door is open for drop-off of items. You can also receive a tax-deduction receipt. Proceeds from sales of your donated things go to the Children's Health Council.
Bargain Box's number is 650-326-0458. Call to get more details on what you can and cannot donate.
Search engine for gentlebirth.org